Disabled people are considered a minority despite the number of people who can be under the spectrum of disability and they are mostly ignored by society, live in isolation, segregation, poverty, charity and even pity. Disability would include anyone who had blindness, low vision, leprosy-cured, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, mental retardation and mental illness, these are just the main ones categories as some people have a combination of those . Due to discrimination, they avoid go to public places and are not able to get those rights which a non-disabled person gets. They are deprived of education and employment opportunities.
In 2013, NDIS was a scheme made to cater to disabled people to make sure that their goals and plans are fulfilled by providing different financial services that could be used to modify their lifestyle for convenience. It is hard for disabled people as well as their family members due to the constant emotional need and financial burden.
Accessibility plays a huge part in the lives of disabled people. More businesses are providing ways to make sure that their products and services are accessible to the disabled people as they realised that they are losing out on a huge demographic of people.
There are NDIS approved providers who can help NDIS participants services to help them. These services are needed to ensure that disabled people have an opportunity to live a safe and normal life. A provider is an individual or organisation delivering a support or a product to a participant of the NDIS. While choosing your provider after becoming a participant of NDIS, it is important you always choose an NDIS approved provider as they always follow the rules and regulations closely and you will get assured services at all costs. It can be confusing to pick one as there are thousands of service providers. Here is a list of attributes that a good service provider would have –
- Informative and Responsive – Waiting can be annoying and no one wants that. Service providers must be responsive and informative about everything related to NDIS. It can be super confusing when you are starting out and as plans are unique from one person to another,
- Providing right services – You should make sure that the services provided by your NDIS provider are the right ones for you. A good service provider should have all the services that are needed for someone who is disabled/elderly. Make sure to visit the website and get in contact with the provider to make sure your plan aligns with the services.
- Understanding your goals/plans – While approaching a provider, you should make sure that they understand your goals and provide knowledgeable solutions in your budget. As a provider would be someone that you will take support for a long time, having a good positive relationship is very important. Trust and comfort plays a huge part in this sort of connection.
- Looking for past reviews – One should look for past reviews and testimonials of the company especially with the services you require. This would help you formulate a constructive opinion on the provider. Companies that are a decade old have way more expertise than the ones that are newly formed. Seeking advice from NDIS veterans would help you choose the right one
- Qualified team members – Experienced team members who are passionate and qualified in their jobs would make sure that you are given the best service possible. As NDIS providers have a range of employees like carers, medical advisers, housekeeping staff, builders (specialised in modification), psychologists. These qualified professionals would ensure holistic help to all the NDIS participants.
- A family – centered provider – Family support is vital to a successful NDIS plan, so your NDIS provider should welcome your family members and friends and recognise their importance. They should be focused on getting to know your family and home situation and providing support to help strengthen your family support network.
OSAN Ability Assist was founded years ago by a team of passionate individuals who wanted to provide quality support to the disabled and elderly people. iIf you are looking for an understanding team who can assist you or your loved one on the journey for improved life and guaranteed support. You can contact us on 1300 799 941 and have a chat with us about your needs and goals.