NDIS Community Participation
We understand that you might feel the need to belong to a community and feel connected to people your age. It is important for all social beings to interact within the community to improve their mental health and have an optimistic approach towards life. At OSAN Ability, we have a vision of forming different communities within our group of clients with a range of community & social participation programs focused on empowering disabled persons. It can be incredibly hard and demotivating but these social activities can be beneficial and fulfilling.
We can help you feel connected to the community as it is one of the most important parts for all people with disability for both their physical & emotional well-being. That’s why OSAN Ability Assist provides a range of community & social participation programs
First, our experienced NDIS providers will get to know the person (client) entirely and then identify various skills and areas of interest to offer you the most holistic, outcome-focused community support. We are committed to providing the most personalised supports that can deliver the best results and meet the changing needs of our clients.
- Understanding our client – As every individual has different needs, interests and hobbies. We offer the most holistic, outcome-focused community support.
- Deciding on activities – We proceed to talk about the activities that could be performed and within the means of the client. This could involve activities that could boost creativity, intelligence, physical activities or technology.
- Increasing your scope of activity – We are always encouraging you to try new things and experiences which might include arts & craft, technology or fitness activities
- Individual – You can choose to learn skills individually or join a group.
- Make friends – Make friends everyday with us. meeting new people at different social events will help you form connections. You would meet people with different walks of life with the same interests as you.
If you are an NDIS participant, we can support you with approved funding on your plan in the following areas:
- Core Support: Community and Social Activities to improve daily living skill sets.
- Capital: Bridging accommodation for younger participants who are at risk of being admitted to aged care, or those who wish to leave aged care, while they wait for home modifications or identified specialist disability accommodation.
- Capacity Building: Assistance in Social and Community Participation.
If You Have Any Questions Regarding Our Services Or Your Specific Needs, Please Contact Us
We use OSAN Ability on a regular basis for our disability accommodation needs. They have great homes for short term or long term needs and with SDA clients. Thanks for your help.Sarah MiltonSupport Coordinator
OSAN Ability Assist has been a big game changer for both Abu and family. I am deeply grateful for the wonderful job OSAN Ability Assist is doing for my brother which has changed my elderly mother's life incredibly . She could not cope in looking after Abu by herself. We have had very bad experiences with other providers who just didn't care and my brother was suffering tremendously. Thank you OSAN for your help.Yalda TamorySydney
I have used several providers for disability services in the last three years but I was never satisfied until I met Dr Omer Shahab Khan at OSAN Ability. His team has real compassion for people with disability and their families. I do not have any doubt in saying that staff at OSAN genuinely practice their motto, Quality Care with Compassion. Thanks everyone in the Bella Vista office especially Karuna and Rose..Ario LeeSydney
I am so grateful for Marina's help I have received, She was super nice, no matter how many questions I asked her. She was open to answering all my questions, Thank you my support worker, Marina.Sarah AshtonSydney